Q: Am I required to share my tips with the busboy & bartender?
Yes. According to a California court, Labor Code Section 351 allows involutary tip pooling. When a tip pooling arragement if in effect, the tips are to be distributed among the employees who provide "direct table service." Such employees could conceivably include waiters and waitresses, busboys, bartednders, host/hostesses and maitre d's.

07/28/2008 17:27:59

more lists
prev    What is the California Use Tax?
next    IRS increses Mileage Rates